Image Posted on Updated on
To register answer this short survey before the 03.09.2017.
Don’t wait, register right now through our survey in order to get a ready-to-publish visual and take your scientific illustration to the next level!
Seminar: Top career choices for PhD graduates in the pharmaceutical industry – December 14, 2016, GEN-2020, UNIL
The BioScience Network Lausanne (BSNL) invites you to participate to the
“Top career choices for PhD graduates in the pharmaceutical industry”
seminar given by Natalya Izergina, PhD, a former recruiter at IPS Life Sciences and Novartis.
This seminar will help you to find your dream job!
More specifically, Natalya will discuss the following main questions:
- What are the entry-points for a new-starter in the pharmaceutical industry? Which professions can a PhD graduate or Postdoc choose from?
- For a selection of the top 20 professions:
What do these professions consist of? What skills do they require? What are their advantages and disadvantages?
- How do you choose your profession? What are the main points to consider?
- What kind of additional education is offered in Switzerland/Europe?
This seminar will take place on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 from 2pm to 5pm in room 2020 in the Génopode building (GEN-2020), University of Lausanne. The seminar will be followed by an apero.
Participation fee is CHF 30.00 and the number of participants is limited to 20 places only. PhD students as well as Postdocs are eligible to participate.
- Transfer 30 CHF to the official BSNL bank account:IBAN: CH50 0900 0000 8946 8243 2
PostFinance AG BERN
BSNL- BioScience Network Lausanne
P.a. EPFL AA DAF
Make sure to include the following line as the reason for payment: “Top career choices”.
- Register using this link. A proof of payment is required during the registration process.
Registration closes on Wednesday, December 7, 2016.
We are looking forward to meeting you.
Do you have an innovative idea and want to know more about intellectual property and patent applications?
The BioScience Network Lausanne (BSNL) in collaboration with the Innovation and Technology transfer office of EPFL organises an introductory workshop on patents with a focus on life sciences. In this workshop we will cover the complexity and challenges, as well the opportunities in the business related with the Life Sciences R&D
What? Introductory workshop on patents with a focus on life sciences. Check the program below
Who? PhD students and post-docs with an entrepreneurial mindset. Submit a brief description of your innovative idea or project to discuss it in the interactive session.
When? November, 22nd 9h-12h30
Where? EPFL, CM building, room 011
This is a free workshop, if you are interested in developing your innovative ideas you can’t miss it! Register here
The Bioscience Network Lausanne (BSNL) and the regional section group of the International Society of Computational Biology (ISCB RSG Switzerland) are glad to announce the round table about:
Indeed, new practices and technologies such as digital medical records and high-throughput sequencing open new ways for medical doctors and scientists to investigate human biology and diseases. However, this new model raises many fundamental questions. We would like to discuss them in our round table to make clear what are the opportunities that exist now and how can the medical data be handled in a way that the rights of patients are preserved.
During the round table we will go through the following questions:
– What can personalized medicine offer?
– What ethics problematic are at stake with personal medical data and how can the law protect patients?
– What is the current state of the infrastructure for these data and the existing tools for researchers?
– How to manage these data and ensure confidentiality, but to allow access to researchers?
– How much investment is needed today to support this data tsunami?
– What is the need in medical data literacy for its potential users?
– How many trained people do we need in the area?
– Can citizens take part in this revolution by doing citizen science/biohacking/DIYbio?
We are honored to discuss these topics with four important actors in the field that confirmed their participation:
– Jacques Beckmann (Head of Clinical Bioinformatics, SIB)
– Christine Currat (Executive director of the Swiss biobanking platform)
– Manolis Dermitzakis (Professor of Genetics at the Department of Genetic Medicine, UNIGE)
– Jeanne-Pascale Simon (Lawyer at the Unit of Legal Affairs, CHUV)
Come and join us in the discussion next Thursday, 5th November at 19:00, at UniverCité (Chemin du Closel 5, Renens)
Looking forward to meeting you there,
Leonor Rib & Jonathan Sobel
Transforming ideas into companies
You have an innovative idea and you want to turn it into a successful business? Do you want to develop a project together with an interdisciplinary team of like-minded people in just 1 day? Then subscribe for an exclusive free workshop organised by Lausanne Region, Innovaud and Inartis Foundation!
The 4th edition of StartInnov will take place on 21.11.15 at UniverCité,Chemin du Closel 5, Renens from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Several projects from previous StartInnov workshops have already turned into sucessfull start-ups!
Lunch, coffee, snacks and networking apero are provided for the participants.
During the workshop the participants will learn to develop their business idea under the supervision of experienced coaches and pitch it to the jury of executive Venture Capitalists and experienced fundraisers. The team with the best project will receive valuable prizes. All the participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
Hurry up! The number of places is limited! Register at www.startinnov.ch!