Month: May 2017
BSNL Recommends: “Hands on Diversity: Building Better Connections and Inspire Opportunities”. June 15, from 6pm at Eysin.
Diversity in the business world for many organizations provides an inclusive workplace for all employees.
Join us on the 15th of June at the BD office in Eysins/Nyon to discover what some healthcare companies have been doing in their organizations.
A panel of industry experts in diversity and inclusion will give you a detailed approach to business and corporate culture models.
This event is open to life science/healthcare professionals and will be a great opportunity to network within industry.
- Increasing knowledge about diversity and diversity programs in the healthcare business world
- Provide tools and share best practices to inspire development of diverse experiences
- Find inspiration and build your network by connecting with senior leaders and peers.
- 6:00 – 6:30 PM Registration
- 6:30 – 6:40 PM Welcome and introduction to HBA
- 6:40 – 6:50 PM Introduction to BD and panel experts
- 6:50 – 8:15 PM Panel discussion with Q&A
- 8:15 – 8:30 PM Closing remarks
- 8:30 – 9:00 PM Networking apero
BD (Becton Dickinson) Switzerland Sàrl
Terre Bonne Park – A4
Route de Crassier 17
Eysins, Vaud 1262 Switzerland
HBA Members / Non-members / BD employees:
CHF 20 / 40 / 15 until June 5
CHF 30 / 50 / 20 after June 5
We are recruiting!
BioScience Network Lausanne (BSNL), an association from EPFL and UNIL, aims to promote career development for life scientists and bridge the gap between academia and industry.
We organize various events such as:
- The Life Science Career Day
- Biotech Chats
- Company visits at major pharmaceutical companies
If you are dedicated to organize exciting events, eager to expand your network and interested to work in a dynamic team, then we are looking exactly for you and you are looking for us but you might not know it yet!
Join us in our next recruitment session on:
Tuesday, June 6th 2017 at 12:00 at EPFL in room SV2615
We are especially looking for web designers who could help with improving and further developing our website.
Please confirm your participation by filling this form:
Do not hesitate to contact us by email or to check out our website!
We are looking forward to meeting you.
“From Bench to Market: How to launch a biotech startup”, which will introduce you, young researchers and scientists-entrepreneurs
to the first steps in entrepreneurship and allow discussing more openly the important topics concerning company creation.
The event will take place at EPFL SV1717, on 1st June 2017, at 17.30h. The roundtable presentations and open discussions will cover the following topics:
- First steps in startup creation. You have your science-how to start? How to protect it? What are the alternatives to startup creation?
Lan Zuo Gillet, PhD MBA CTI Entrepreneurship Module 2 Program’s Director for Western Switzerland and Deputy Managing Director of EPFL Innovation Park Foundation.
Dr. Kostas Kaloulis, Head of Applied Innovation & Business Development at EPFL
- Launching a startup. What kind of resources and advisors does one want and need?
Dr. Rajwinder Lehal, CSO and co-founder of Cellestia
- Getting your company to the next level. Where and how to get funding? Confirmed speaker:
Alexander Mayweg FRSC, Venture Partner at Versant Ventures and BaseLaunch Selection Committee.
Please let us know if you would like to join this event by filling this form.
We are looking forward to welcoming yopu at the rountable and learning about opportunities in entrepreneurship together!
Are you a student, postdoc, or PI?
Do you want to learn more about business in life sciences?
We have the pleasure to invite you to the first Business Journal Club organised by the EPFL Business Club-Healthcare, supported by the AIM (Applied Innovation Mechanism) at VPI, the BioScience Network Lausanne (BSNL) and the School of Life Sciences.
The event will take place on Wednesday May 10th in room AI.1.153 from 17:00 to 19:00.
1) create a space of proactive exchange among scientists, in the form of an EPFL “Business Laboratory”,
2) working with real internal projects and with success, and especially failure, examples, we aspire to cultivate an applied innovation and technology transfer oriented culture,
3) accompany and support, when possible, basic internal research with the know how, expertise, and network necessary, to facilitate “turning science into products” to serve society.
Main activities of the Business Club:
· Business Journal Club
· Business Case/Plan Study Development with EPFL real projects
· R&D expertise networking
· Transformational Innovation Ideas and initiatives
Some operational characteristics of the Business Club:
· Executive committee (renewable every semester)
· Industrial advisory committee
· Members register (no fees but via application and invitation)
· Strict confidentiality
Our Business Journal Club:
It is a fact: the vast majority of Start Ups is doomed to fail.
Rarely we discuss about failures.
We, thus, believe, that more than continuously discussing the same rare success stories, understanding failures has lot to teach us.
Our Business Club decided to preferably discuss the reasons why companies and technologies fail in their path to market.
We hope, thus, to promote a cultural change to start thinking of failures as important experiences, lessons and assets towards success.
Our 1st Case Study:
In this first Business Case Study session we will discuss about the rise and fall of Theranos company and its CEO and founder Elizabeth Holmes, whom was named by Forbes the youngest self-made female billionaire in the world due to a $9 billion valuation of Theranos. President Obama had named Elizabeth Holmes global ambassador for US entrepreneurship.
A year later Forbes revised her net value “From $4.5 Billion to Nothing”.
We shall try to analyse with you (to the extent possible), all aspects of this case, ranging from the Business Model, to the Intellectual property to the R&D strategy and product regulatory and clinical liabilities, down to the responsibilities of Investors, Authorities and Media.